Monday, January 30, 2012

Days 27 through 30: I promise I am cleaning!

I am sad about my blog neglect as of late. But I have great reasons for my abandonment. Day 27 (Friday)  my house was full of 3 gorgeous girls, instead of just 1. And I can assure you I cleaned up after them! It was so fun to have 3 girls! Ely and I started our day with dessert waffles. I am often not very logical so I added mini M&Ms to the waffle batter and this is what happened.

012712 032

If you are interested in how to clean a waffle iron, I used a small ice cream sample (because I am a pack rat) spoon from the yogurt shop and a paper towel with a little bit of EVOO.

012712 033

This is how great it looked after my cleaning job.

012712 034

Then Day 28 (Saturday) was JWs birthday. We were barely home. Our friends Kevin& Kelsie babysat for us so we could go out for dinner and when we got home after our date, I hurried to clean my one thing!  I don’t have a picture because my camera was acting up but I finished cleaning the other side of the laundry room shelf. Kelsie is my witness that I cleaned it!

Day 29 was another very fast day. After church, something unprecedented and monumental happened in our home. JW asked me (and not in a totally cheerful way) to clean up a melted butter spill he found behind the knives holder. This is the life of a Butter Aficionado. Butter melts. It makes a mess. The miracle was that I was sooooo happy he asked me to clean something! Ha ha!!  I was relieved that I did not have to think of anything. I wanted to clean the crusty dish drying rack too but I haven't figured out how to separate it from the rack part.

Then there is today. We got to spend the day with a very dear friend who normally is at work today, so my priority was not on cleaning. But I did wipe down the treadmill at the gym.  And I did help JW clean up the kitchen mess even though it was not my night for dish duty.  And the reason the kitchen got to be such a disaster is because I was being JWs helpmate for a change. He had a board meeting and called me during the day to ask if I would make a cake for it! So I made pineapple upside down cupcakes with cherry vanilla whipped cream.

I am sad that I haven't been a cleaning maniac lately but this is Ely's birthday week. I am working feverishly to finish decorations and plans so that by Wednesday afternoon I can begin to clean for the party.  Tomorrow I am decluttering my sewing room!

No comments:

Post a Comment