Saturday, February 11, 2012

Days 41 & 42: Dust bunnies are nasty.

Day 41 was even more boring than Day 40. I cleaned the 3rd shelf in the fridge. Whoop-dee-doo.  Today however was very exciting. If exciting for you means, getting dirty.  During my quiet time I became inspired by something I read in Exodus about Aaron and decided to hang up Scripture in the living room. Strategically behind the television, to be precise. 

Anyhow, in order to tape the verses I had to move the TV. And you can guess what happened next.  Here is the discovery part of my process. The discovery of dust full-grown rabbits. Yuck.

021112 002

Warning: the following images are not suitable for germophobes or OCD clean freaks.

021112 003

I know this is all very graphic but this is a cleaning blog after all.

021112 005

This is our Jungle of Cables.  I vacuumed the Dust Monsters up then wiped all surfaces down with all purpose cleaner.  I cleaned the entirety of the entertainment system. The TV, the Play Station, the stereo, speakers, everything!  Then I tried a tip from Readers Digest. Afterwards, I wiped everything down with a used dryer sheet. Readers Digest claimed this helps prevent dust accumulation. We will see about that.

021112 004

And now I leave you with an encouraging verse I heard at Bible study this week. 

  These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to live wisely and be pure, to take care of their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God.

Titus 2:3-5

I am definitely hard at work in my home. Now about that submissiveness business….

No comments:

Post a Comment