Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 36: Purpose Driven Cleaning

Today is not Super Bowl Sunday for me. It is the day after Ely turned 3.  We went to church groggy and late.  Afterwards Ely and I had a frozen picnic at our favorite park. I had promised her Friday I would take her after church but unfortunately it was 30 degrees colder than Friday!  At least she ate her lunch cuddled up in my lap.  One of her favorite birthday presents was a tiny Ariel doll that likes to swim in water (Thanks Kelsie & Kevin).  Last night Ely's sink was Ariel's ocean and today she wanted the guest bath sink to be Ariel's ocean so of course it was time to clean it!  Here is the Big 3 year old waiting patiently.

020512 002 

I sprayed my bath tub solution (mild laundry detergent and water) in the sink, then sprinkled Borax.

020512 003

Here is a very happy Ely.

020512 005

Ariel was pleased too.

020512 008

And while I was in there I went ahead and cleaned the top of the toilet, the trash can, swept the floor, wiped down the baseboards and cleaned behind and inside the toilet bowl!

020512 009

Here is the fizzy action caused by the baking soda and vinegar in the toilet bow. Doesn’t get old.

020512 013

When I went to make Ely her dinner I noticed for the 435th time that the bottom of the fridge interior was super nasty.

020512 015

I sprayed it down with all purpose cleaner and voila!

020512 016

Then I put the drawer back in and here is the yummy inhabitants of the drawer.

020512 017

How could I not clean the space below leftover birthday rainbow cake?!?!?!?

I also swept the living room and cleaned Eliana's brand new (from a garage sale, thanks Bulala!) red Ikea table.  I am excited for her to have her very own dining table in our dining room. Now that she's 3, it's time for her to learn to eat at her own table without getting up 10 times. Not easy to do. 

I'm pretty sure this is my first post before 10pm, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment